So, you had a career where you were successful. You did stuff that made people look to you for guidance and so you thought that you would move into your own business and everything would be the same.
You would speak and everyone would listen.
You would hang up your shingle and do what you do and clients, customers, recruits would beat a path to your door, eager to work with you, hanging on your every word, throwing money at you and you would ride into the sunset, victorious! An overnight success!
You thought that for a little while until you realised that it was just not working out so well.
For one, you had to actually go find people and invite them to work with you and sometimes, they said ‘no’, other times, they completely ignored you and very occasionally, they said ‘yes!’. At work, they used to come to you because your employer had always done the hard labour of getting out there and pulling them in. You did not realise this until it was all on you to do it all.
For another, you had never had to fully show up as you. You had the comfort of a big name behind you. Your employer had built their brand and you just needed to show up and be awesome – no need to get people to know, like and trust you – the customers trusted the brand, the company you worked for and now, you are the brand and you are not sure that anyone really wants what you have and so you are hiding.
And you do not realise you are hiding though.
And you do not realise that you are spending more time looking for shortcuts to wealth, fame and fortune than you are spending doing the real work.
You do not call them shortcuts because it still feels very busy as you try to learn from this person, that person, this book, that book but all the while that you are doing the learning, trying to find a magic bullet type solution to the problem of not enough clients, customers, recruits, you are not consistently doing the work.
Because you think you do not know what the work is.
You think that you need to go search it out.
But if you are completely honest with yourself, you do know what the work is, you just do not want to do it and so you keep looking for an easier path.
And then you are surprised when nothing changes.
And you are surprised when the easy path becomes the long, drawn out, windy road that gets you absolutely NOWHERE!
And you will still have to do the work… or you will go back to work and let someone else do it for you. And that is fine, the world needs employees and there ain’t nothing wrong with that if that is what you want.
But is it?
I know a job is not what I want and yet, for a long time, I kept procrastinating on doing the real work and some days, I still do.
- I know I need to daily increase my audience size – So that can be by increasing my Facebook page likes, by inviting more people to join my mailing list, by getting in front of other people’s audiences with my writing and speaking, by going to networking events and meeting new people, by doing some advertising (but this is really not effective if I have not done the next thing…)
- I know I need to daily SHOW UP – What do I mean by this? I need to daily tell people what I am about, share my message, the reason why they should work with me. This is where I brand myself and invite MY people to know, like and trust me. I need to have my own actual face on my Facebook page ( not some faceless logo), I need to update it regularly with content that expresses who I am and I need to create content that supports them in getting the result they want, I need to write articles and blogs that educate, inspire, entertain. I need to give talks that do the same. I need to stop using the royal ‘we’ in my sentences as though I am still in that company I once worked for. I need to show up as me boldly! I am a solopreneur – I know that I do not have the funds of my former employer so it is very much about ME showing up daily to build brand ‘ME’!
- I know I need to daily invite people to work with me – I cannot control when my people will trust me enough to work with me but I can certainly keep making the invitation. I can ensure that every time I write and speak and meet people, I make an invitation. I call them to some kind of an action – the next step with me. I make the invitation and I let them decide whether to say ‘yes’ or ‘no’.
And in order to do these three things, I have to choose to do them.
I can wait for confidence in my abilities – but that just wastes time.
I can wait for prospects to beat a path to my door – but that does not work because they do not know who I am.
I can keep learning and looking for some shortcut – but that just wastes time.
I just need to do the work!
And so do you!
EVERY SINGLE DAY!
- Your vision is your permission.
- You are capable of your calling.
- You are much more powerful than you realise.
- Yes you can get everything you want.
- You are loved. You are enough. You are worthy. You deserve the very best of everything.
Now is the time to completely rewire your mindset for increased happiness and prosperity with an immersion in THE ABUNDANCE LIBRARY.
ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS LISTEN to the ever-increasing catalogue of business, spiritual and personal growth programs within the library.
Find out more at https://mibusiness.lpages.co/the-abundance-library/ and begin your immersion.
Unlock your true potential and take back dominion over your money, relationships and energy right now.
Much Amazing Love