Your thoughts do control your life.
You know that, right?
All the experts tell us and frankly, if you take a look at the results happening in your life, you will realize that you are getting exactly what you expect. You may think that life is happening to you but what if you are creating the life you don’t want by the thoughts you allow to remain in your head?
Would it not be best to get a handle on this and start putting positive thinking to the test?
Here are 5 steps to thinking more positive thoughts
- First and foremost, you need to get aware of the fact that you are in control of your thinking.
As a coach, I am surprised by the fact that a whole lot of people think that they have no control over their thoughts. They tend to think that their thoughts happen to them.Right now, choose to become aware of the fact that you have control over your thinking.
- Now you are aware that you have full control of your thoughts, it is time to take full responsibility for where you are right now.You may not like what you see at the moment but as you take responsibility for everything, you recognize the power you have to turn your thoughts around.No longer can you allow yourself to keep thinking that you have no control because it is no longer your truth. The first second or so of a negative thought are sometimes out of control but when you keep thinking that thought at 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 20 seconds or more, then you are deliberately relinquishing your control. Stop that.
- It is time to get pretty clear on what you really do want to create.Take some time to write it down and simplify it into mini-thoughts that you can inject into your brain from time to time through the day.You want something to replace your current thought patterns. Take the time to do this.
- Watch what you are listening to and exposing yourself to each day.
Check your thoughts and feelings after you listen to the news, watch some TV programs, read certain books and decide whether they lift you up or pull you down.Get disciplined about what you allow into your head.
- Realise that changing habits can be tough so determine that you will never give up.Getting your brain to work the way you want it to is a matter of lots of practice and brainwashing yourself into thinking only things that you choose to think.
OK, Time to get to work. Start implementing these steps now and see the difference it makes to your life.
Need some support in starting the day well? Join the Live Life Deliberately daily Audio Program.